To expedite work in history of science and technology and to stimulate exploration of untended ground, the Office for History of Science and Technology publishes the series BERKELEY PAPERS IN HISTORY OF SCIENCE: edited volumes, monographs, bibliographies, inventories, and finding aids to published and unpublished sources.
To buy these publications, see Purchase and Subscription Info:
21. Reappraising Oppenheimer: Centennial studies and reflections.
Edited by Cathryn Carson and David A. Hollinger. 2005.
More information on Reappraising Oppenheimer is available here
$14.00 Oppenheimer Cover
20. Michael Frayn’s Copenhagen in debate: Historical essays and documents on the 1941 meeting between Niels Bohr and Werner Heisenberg.
Edited by Matthias Dörries. 2005.
More information on Michael Frayn’s ‘Copenhagen’ in debate is available here
$12.00 Copenhagen Cover
19. The structure of knowledge: Classifications of science and learning since the Renaissance.
Edited by Tore Frängsmyr. 2001.
$25.00 Volume 19
18. Laboratories, workshops, and sites. Concepts and practices of research in industrial Europe , 1800-1914.
By Robert Fox and Anna Guagnini. 1999.
$25.00. Volume 18
17. A scientific correspondence during the chemical revolution: Louis-Bernard Guyton de Morveau and Richard Kirwan, 1782-1802.
Edited by Emmanuel Grison, Michelle Goupil and Patrice Bret. 1994.
$25.00. Volume 17
16. The new calendar of the correspondence of Pierre Simon Laplace.
Compiled by Roger Hahn. 1994.
$12.00. Volume 16
15. Biology and social thought: 1850-1914.
Peter J. Bowler, 1993.
$20.00. Volume 15
14. Between biology and medicine: The formation of intermediary metabolism.
Frederic L. Holmes, 1992.
$20.00. Volume 14
13. Weighing imponderables and other quantitative science around 1800.
J.L. Heilbron. 1993.
$25.00. Volume 13
12. Eighteenth-century chemistry as an investigative enterprise.
Frederic L. Holmes. 1989.
$20.00. Volume 12
11. The Nobel population 1901-1937. A census of the nominators and nominees for the prizes in physics and chemistry.
Compiled by Elisabeth Crawford, J.L. Heilbron, and Rebecca Ullrich. 1987.
$25.00. Volume 11
10. Guide to sources in Northern California for history of science and technology.
Compiled by Robin E. Rider and Henry E. Lowood. 1985.
$12.00. Volume 10
9. Werner Heisenberg. A bibliography of his writings.
Compiled by David C. Cassidy and Martha Baker. 1984.
$12.00. Volume 9
8. Calendar of the correspondence of Pierre Simon Laplace.
Compiled by Roger Hahn. 1982. See Volume 16 for revision.
$12.00. Out of stock .
7. A bibliography of early modern algebra, 1500-1800.
Compiled by Robin E. Rider. 1982.
$12.00. Out of stock .
6. An inventory of published letters to and from physicists, 1900-1950.
Compiled by Bruce R. Wheaton and J.L. Heilbron. 1982.
Volumes 5 and 6 are available as a set for $35.00.
5. Literature on the history of physics in the 20th century.
Compiled by J.L. Heilbron and Bruce R. Wheaton. 1981.
$25.00. Volume 5
4. Ernest Rutherford. A bibliography of his non-technical writings.
Compiled by Henry Lowood. 1979.
$10.00. Volume 4
3. A bibliography of quantitative studies on science and its history.
Compiled by Roger Hahn. 1980.
$10.00. Volume 3
2. William Henry Bragg and William Lawrence Bragg. A bibliography of their non-technical writings.
Compiled by Henry Lowood. 1978.
$10.00. Volume 2
1. Max Planck. A bibliography of his non-technical writings.
Compiled by Henry Lowood. 1977.
$10.00. Out of stock.
Lawrence and his laboratory: nuclear science at Berkeley, 1931-1961 by J.L. Heilbron, R.W. Seidel and B.R. Wheaton. 1981. $12.00.
A subject index to historical studies in the physical sciences, vols.1-10, 1969-1979. Compiled by J.G. May, 1984. $10.00.
Abstracts. International Congress of History of Science. 1985. 2 vols. $30.00.